[TowerTalk] Antenna modeling program

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu May 3 19:59:10 PDT 2012

On 5/3/12 7:40 PM, Mike Baker wrote:
> BUT, the cost for the license for NEC4 is quite expensive. Even as a student
> is isn't exactly cheap!

yes.. but that copy of NEC4 will work for years, so $300 spread over,
say, 10 years, is only $30/year  (my MBA wife will ask about NPV, etc.)

There are things that NEC4 does very well that I like: modeling wires
close to, touching, and going into the soil, much less picky about
segments at angles and lines, insulation, etc.

I have been thinking about getting ambitious and recompiling it for 64
bit windows...