[TowerTalk] Look a bit farther, was Re: Hey

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu May 10 18:02:06 PDT 2012

On 5/10/2012 6:44 PM, Dan Hearn wrote:
> K7LXC: Can you do something about KI4M and K8ZJC using our reflector to
> hawk this PONZI scheme? I reported the first posting to our Better Business
> Bureau and they agree it is that type of operation. These guys should be
> ashamed of doing this.

And it's unlikely either of them are aware of this.  Either their
accounts have been hijacked, OR some one is spoofing their addresses.
Compare the IPs of these and earlier, valid posts.  If they are
different it's likely some one is spoofing the accounts.  If not, they
it's likely some one has hijacked their accounts.  Both are much more
likely than some one posting this kind of stuff with their own,
traceable addresses.

73

Roger (K8RI)