[TowerTalk] Tower Paint

lkeller73 at roadrunner.com lkeller73 at roadrunner.com
Tue May 29 13:29:04 PDT 2012

I've used a tried and true paint for multiple towers for 40+ years as long as it's "plain steel".

Good old  - real - "Battleship Gray".

U.S. Navy-spec mixture is available from most top-of-the-line paint houses (not big box stores).

Not cheap - I paid almost $80/gallon back in 2001 but the three towers I painted that year are still in good shape.

If it IS galvanized, after a good wire brushing, "GALV-COAT" works great - available just about everywhere.

Lonnie
WA2AOG/W2RR