[TowerTalk] Tower Paint

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed May 30 11:35:53 PDT 2012

I painted my Rohn 55G tower in Aruba every 6 to 12 months.  I scrapped
off the rust and loose paint, primed the bad areas with Rustoleum rusty
metal primer and then painted everything with Brite Zinc using a
painting mitt.  The corrosion in the Caribbean is severe, many station
owners use epoxy paint however nothing lasts very long.  It was not the
most fun thing to do in Aruba!

John P40A