[TowerTalk] OR-2800DC questions

Les Kalmus w2lk at bk-lk.com
Wed May 30 19:34:21 PDT 2012

Jay,

What you have is a known OR-2800 problem.
When that bolt on top of the shaft loosens, the shaft with the large
gear drops and causes the problems you have.
I have had this problem twice with mine.
I don't have measurements but I do have a few pictures of mine during
rebuilding which I will be happy to send you if you wish.

I fixed it finally by using some blue Loctite on the bolt the last time
I had to go up there and tighten it.
No problems since but stay tuned.

73 Les W2LK