[TowerTalk] Tower, rotator and antenna maintenance

Steve Jones n6sj at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 9 13:36:11 EST 2012

I've had an artificial shoulder since my early forties.  I stilled climbed
my 120' Douglas fir to work on the tower top and beam I had mounted there,
until about 10 years ago.  My surgeon did a routine check-up and said my
prosthesis was broken and should have been replaced a year earlier.  And I
had just made a half dozen trips up the tree!  Now I'm almost 65, my wife
says "no more climbing", and I have a new crank-up tower.  Now instead of
worrying about climbing dangers, I worry able cables and pulleys...

I agree with whoever said 1) have a clear plan of what you're going to do
when you climb, and 2) don't stay up there too long.  Oh, and bring bug
spray.  Once I disturbed a yellow jacket nest near the top of the tree and
got stung several times!

73,

Steve
N6SJ