[TowerTalk] grounds n stuff

jcjacobsen at q.com jcjacobsen at q.com
Tue Nov 13 12:54:59 EST 2012

Hey Rick,

You obviously can get into the crawl space direct from the desk. Could you easily drill a hole thru the foundation, just below the siding, to at least get a ground wire thru? The shortest length you can make it the better. Make sure you seal it up well. Maybe make it big enough to take all your coax and other cables. Put a "single point ground" there with lightning protectors there, and and then use a conductor to tie it over to the power line ground system.

ALSO, and don't ask how I know this, if you didn't Cad weld your ground rods, make sure there is no corrosion under the clamps or between the wire and the rod. Years ago I had some bad interference/harmonics from AM BC stations on 160 and 75. Took a while to find the problem. (re-read first sentence starting with ALSO)

Good luck with the project.

73
K9WN Jake