[TowerTalk] ground rod depth problem due to rocky soil -- solutions?

Mat Eshpeter kk1c at live.com
Fri Nov 16 09:17:29 EST 2012

I have been reading the responses and have decided to try one last time to get the rods as deep as possible. Last time around I rented a 20 lb Hilti combination hammer drill/demo hammer. This time around I rented a 65lb electric demo hammer -- a Hilti 3000. So I will attack the mountain tomorrow and see what happens. I will be joining the rods together with 20 gauge 2" copper strap so I think I will have quite a bit of contact with the soil -- just under 700 linear feet.
thanks for all your responses.