[TowerTalk] PL-259 question

Dale Sanders dsanders at alpinepowersystems.com
Fri Nov 16 17:54:29 EST 2012

I use the PL259 everyday......just purchase from a reliable, local
electronics supply house and don't scrimp on the price of the connector.  An
antenna is only as good as it weakest connection and this is NOT a place to
worry about pricing.  The connectors I'm using are made by Emerson but I
still prefer the old Amphenol standards.  ....and make sure you use a large
soldering iron.  I use a Weller 200 - 300 watt iron and it heats quickly and
connects the thing without the long, slow, heating the deforms the position
of the center connector pin.

73
Dale - WD4IFR