[TowerTalk] Rotor Selection-Need Help

Anthony (N2KI) n2ki.ham at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 11:17:45 EST 2012

Hello Folks,

I need some suggestions on a heavy duty rotor. First, my conundrum.

I have a Universal HD21-70 tower with an Optibeam 12-4. The rotors have
been all Prosistel brand. Three of them in 2 years! All replaced because of
failure due to design flaws or bad parts. The first two were 2051 series
and the one that I just put up in August 2012 is a 61d series.  That just
failed two days ago.  It just stopped turning.  First thoughts were that
the shear pin is broken.  However upon testing with a 12v supply, there are
no amps being drawn leading me to believe the motor is dead.  Exactly 3
months later its dead!  What's the deal with these rotors?

Anyway, needless to say I now have to replace the rotor again.  What say
the masses for a product that is of quality and durability which can turn
the OB12-4?  Its time to change manufacturers.  There must be something
going on with the quality of workmanship with Prosistel( sorry Gianni I
cant make this up).

Thank you for any help and/ or suggestions.

Anthony (N2KI)
Sent from mobile.