[TowerTalk] T2X Sticking

Jack Berry we5st at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 11:47:13 EST 2012

Had the same issue with my T2X. I installed the Rotor-EZ board in the controller and have not had the problem a single time in the many months since I installed it. It's made by a company called Idiom Press (Full disclosure - I have no connection to them).

The board modifies the hy-gain controller with features that go way beyond just preventing the sticking you mention. To prevent sticking, a brief command is issued to bump the rotator in the opposite direction and then a second later it turns to the preset you entered. The calibration knob is used to set the desired bearing heading when not using software to set the heading. The paddles retain the same function.

I use it with DXLabs logging software and together they make it a "point and click" controller like a Green Heron.
The only down side is the instructions for installation - a little sketchy but manageable. Well worth the effort in my opinion.

73,
Jack - WE5ST

Message: 2