[TowerTalk] Rotator screw sealing.

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 27 21:28:45 EST 2012

I agree with Bryan, properly applied Loctite works extremely well. I
attended a short Loctite seminar (nice cause they gave out lots of
samples) and learned that generic Loctite "cures" when oxygen is absent
and iron is present.  The tubes are oxygen permeable so never transfer
the contents to another container.  There are also primers available to
insure the curing.  There are formulations available for other fastener
materials.

The stud idea suggested on this thread is a neat way to go and I will do
that in the future.  The rotator aluminum housings have limited strength
and life, so a "permanent" SS stud is has many benefits.  A SS heavy nut
plus nylock nut should not come loose and is a lot easier than cross
drilling bolt heads and using safety wires.

Grant KZ1W