[TowerTalk] element tapering calculation

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Thu Nov 29 22:26:00 EST 2012

Last year I found that W6QHS (now W6NL) Lotus spreadsheet and converted
it to Excel 2003 XLS format. His spreadsheet is used to determine the
survivability of a tapered element. It is not an RF design tool. Anyone
can download a copy of ELEMENTS.XLS from here:

*http://tinyurl.com/d7m3pxn*

I added a number of worksheets to create this new workbook. The first
sheet contains the formulas / calculations. The second is a mechanical
layout of the 40m Telrex I was experimenting with.  I added two more
pairs of worksheets to I could quickly jump among different design
parameters. The final worksheet contains some information I found
regarding Frank's antennas at W3LPL and I saved it for reference.

Also, for those who don't have a "charting VSWR meter", there is also a
workbook that lets you input VSWR values and it will create a chart that
you can print out. That file is "VSWR charting tool - Rev 3".

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN