[TowerTalk] Grounding question...

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Tue Oct 9 15:23:16 EDT 2012

>  I will be pouring concrete soon...  How does one get  a ground to the
tower base, and not mess with the galvanizing of the  tower?  I would
like to not scrape off the galvanizing, but I also want  the tower
grounded...

    Don't mess with the galvanizing. I assume you're  talking about the
tower above the pad. To lessen the chance for galvanic  problems, use a
stainless steel sheet or washers between your copper  grounding stuff and the
galvanized tower. Polyphaser makes a couple for  round-legged towers.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH