[TowerTalk] TowerTalk If you had a choice

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Tue Oct 16 13:43:18 EDT 2012

And yet, incredibly, the Mosley specs for the Pro 57B say it has 8.5 db
gain over a dipole (dBd) on 20m/17m/15m/12m with only three elements per
band.   By comparison, Optibeam claims 8.5 dBd for their 5 element 20m
monobander on a boom twice as long as the Pro 57B.

http://www.mosley-electronics.com/spec%20files/amateur/pro57b.htm

No way on earth that three elements would be capable of 8.5 dBd, but
apparently such unfounded claims sell antennas anyway.  I don't dispute
that the Pro 57B is durable, but that's like bringing a 1950's era
Schwinn cruiser to a modern bicycle criterium race.

Dave  AB7E