[TowerTalk] If you had a choice

EZ Rhino EZRhino at fastmovers.biz
Tue Oct 16 19:37:01 EDT 2012

No doubt about it!  This is not a small undertaking.  I'd consider pre-ordering the book if it would help, and I bet a lot of others would pre order too.  What else can I do to help?  If they were ready to test tomorrow, I'd have my antenna of choice send to them to use for the test, then they can ship it back to me when done so I can put it on the tower, but I don't think they are quite ready yet. :-)

If it were possible to get a hold of all antennas at the same time, I think a good way to do this would be to do it the week of field day with one of these bigger clubs that puts up several towers for their op.  The test antennas could be on portable towers in a big field, all pointed the same way.  Close range and further range testing could be done at the same time (ie east coast or even EU).  While we're dreaming here, maybe I can plan a money tree....

Chris
KF7P

On Oct 16, 2012, at 17:17 , Jim Brown wrote:

On 10/16/2012 4:09 PM, EZ Rhino wrote:
> I'd buy that book!
So would I, but this is a LOT of work and there's a LOT of expense. You've got to obtain the antennas, find a suitable test range, set up instrumentation, rig the antennas one at a time in precisely the same conditions, take the data, take it again, then that that antenna down, pack it up, return it from where you got it, and do it all over again.

How many dollars and how many weeks are you willing to contribute to the project?

73, Jim K9YC