[TowerTalk] Some information:

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Oct 17 23:53:02 EDT 2012

I had an e-mail complaint today.
I forget that most of the group has not been around as long as a few of us.

I should start out by pointing out I do not, nor ever have considered my
self an expert in anything.  Experienced? Yes, but no expert and
experience does not necessarily lead one to the correct conclusion.  I
would add that I rarely post on anything that I do not have experience
with. I do on occasion, but they are usually questions that I want to
know about.

I would ask this of those who have an issue with something I post.
Unless it's really private, post it here! I have no one protecting me,
or followers like some on other groups so no one is likely to get on
your case, least of all, me.  If I make a mistake, tell me and every one
else and particularly the person who asked the question I'm addressing.
  They need to know more than I do. I just need to know to prevent
making the same mistake.

OTOH we may never agree and if I'm full of it, then tell me, but please
keep it polite.  Actually the thing that bothers me more than anything
else is some one thinking I think of myself as an expert.  I do not even
believe in the term.  I just try to share my experiences and things
based on them.  At my age and the life I've led I probably have
experiences in more fields and equipment than most, but that still does
not make me an expert.

73

Roger (K8RI)