[TowerTalk] Crank up tower bracing rubbing against cable

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Fri Oct 19 14:45:37 EDT 2012

Jonathan, this sounds like a recipe for disaster! 300 to 500 pounds of
force is one matter; making sure you don't exceed that with a vehicle is
another  matter. I have seen no 500 pound fuses.

Another consideration is if the tower can handle that much force. 500
pounds at the end of a 20ft lever (telescoped tower) is 10,000 ft pounds/12000
inch pounds of over turning force!

A longer crow bar can be as simple as the existing crow bar with a length
of pipe slipped over the end.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 10/19/2012 1:20:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time,