[TowerTalk] Beta match adds capacitive reactance on 2 el Hy-gain 40m

DX Supply AB kari at dxsupply.com
Wed Oct 24 14:46:11 EDT 2012

Hi again,

Thanks Steve for the clues. Now I understand why I ended up so wrongly. But
the Beta match can be adjusted. I used the Ham Calc software tool and
checked the values for 17 ohms resistance and capacitive reactance of 23
ohms and Beta match dimensions. It gave the  physical length of 50 cm
(according to manual it should be 177 cm – what a difference).

Perhaps it is easier to wind a small inductor coil for +j36 than struggling
with the beta match. Is there a difference in bandwidth?

“RMorris” – yes I have read K3LR´s Moxon paper and they look just fine. But
with the DIS 7-2 in the garage (elements already assembled)  it took me not
more than 1 hour to assembly it all again.

73s all Dx-ers, Kari