[TowerTalk] Common-mode choke for remote tuner

Phil Zminda phil-z at comcast.net
Fri Oct 26 05:49:43 EDT 2012

I will be installing a SGC-237 remote tuner at the base of my 43 ft.
vertical. I would like to add a common-mode choke at the base as part
of the install. I built but haven't used, a bifilar choke with a 2.4
in. type 31 core, but since the tuner has an 8 ft coax pigtail for the
input could do as well with a large type 31 clamp on with multiple
turns of the RG-58 coax through it? This would reduce the number of
PL-259 connections and would just be a simpler installation. Any
comments appreciated. Thanks.

Phil N3ZP