[TowerTalk] Phillystran

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sun Sep 2 22:24:21 EDT 2012

On 9/2/2012 4:57 PM, Jim W7RY wrote:
> Use ~50 feet from the tower out and the rest 3/16 EHS?
>

> 73
> Jim W7RY
>

> -----Original Message----- From: Brian Sarkisian Sent: Sunday, September
> 02, 2012 1:48 PM To: towertalk at contesting.com Subject: [TowerTalk]
> Phillystran
> I am putting up a 1/4 wave insulated tower for 160.  I plan on guying it at
> 5 levels.
>
> Since I am not putting any antennas on the tower, what are your thoughts
> using
> the Phillystran HPTG 2100i or should I stick with the HPTG 4000i.
Charlie has the right idea: "Follow the manufacturers instructions" and
use what ever strength guys they use.

   Here the 100' 45G is guyed at 3 levels. Bottom two tier are the
HPTG4000I with the top being the 6000. The bottom end of each guy is EHS
for about 10-15 feet.  The 45G had a large array on top and even on a
windy day it was rock solid up there.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/Tower29.htm  Watch for line wrap.
  That was really overloaded and destroyed one each, TB-3 and TB-4
thrust bearings.

73

Roger (K8RI)