[TowerTalk] Anchor Bolts US Tower

Brad L. Tracey btracey60 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 4 12:45:54 EDT 2012

	I'm not going to get into the tower cable lubricate part of the
group with US Tower. But to answer Jim's comment about snug fit. As a
Commercial Contractor I build a lot of Pre-engineered building and the
manufactures (Butler, Metallic, ect) and all of them say the same thing
about their anchor bolts and bolts holding the buildings components together
and that is "turn of the nut method" or snug fit. Just meaning as tight as
you can get with a standard wrench with using bare hands. I know it sounds
silly but that is a very common practice in my line of work. Most of the
engineers I work with agree with it to. I'm not trying to act like I agree
with anything US Tower says or be rude to you but just wanted to let you
know.

Brad N3NRN

 It would be nice if  UST provided detailed instructions on  how to