[TowerTalk] M2 40M4LLDD

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 09:06:30 EDT 2012

I have had a 40M4LLDD up for over 5 1/2 years. No problems, mechanically. I live
in a windy location (20 MPH every day, and up to 75 MPH every year), but no ice.

One interesting issue is the SWR behavior at the band edges. If you look at the
published SWR curves, you'll see that the SWR rises sharply just outside of the
band. Those curves are correct for calm winds. However, even in a mild wind, the
element spacing and shape change enough to push that knee of the curve into the
band, resulting in high and varying SWR inside one of the band edges.

73,
Steve, N2IC