[TowerTalk] Another Grounding Question

Mark Robinson markrob at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 7 12:23:27 EDT 2012

Shouldn't you be concerned about the ground rod at your load center.  The
ground at the meter is more to do with the electricity company. You safety
ground is at the load center.

I have a 13kV run to the house. The transformer is at the last pole. There
is a current transformer for the meter, which is attached to the pole and
then the power drop comes to my house and to my load center. My house ground
starts at the load center.

Each power pole has a copper ground wire attached to the lower wire in the
13kV pair.

Mark N1UK