[TowerTalk] Mast

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Sep 15 13:00:01 EDT 2012

 > How can one assume that the person who asked the question has a
 > problem with ice?

The person who asked the question has a KL7 callsign and the FCC
database shows an address in Anchorage!

Of course, current standards for towers require that most areas
calculate windload and survivability with 3/4" radial ice and
75% of maximum wind velocity *in addition to* maximum wind.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV