[TowerTalk] AN Wireless HD tower installation advice needed

Brian Alsop alsopb at nc.rr.com
Sun Sep 16 13:55:49 EDT 2012

I ran into this here.  What he wanted was in direct contradiction to the
engineering specs regarding the rebar cage.

Solution.  Get it signed off, quickly put it back to Rohn spec and
backup the cement truck.

Out here is the sticks it is unusual to find a building inspector who
has any expertise in towers or even some kind of degree in engineering.

There are cases where "local conditions" can overrule normal design
specs.  In such cases, there is almost no recourse but to get a PE involved.

73 de Brian/K3KO

> You should check with whoever issued your building permit to see what they
> want you to use.  I've run into many inspectors who didn't want to see any
> kind of foreign material/items in the foundation.  I've had to pull up
> entire rebar cages for some rather large tower foundations and guy anchors
> due to the contractor having used impermissible blocks to elevate the cage
> off the floor of the hole.

-----
No virus found in this message.