[TowerTalk] F12 Delta 240 performance observation

SPWoo jj_2_woo at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 10:57:20 EDT 2012

Hi Steve,

I don't get to see sunrises very often as I'm not a morning person, hihi.  My test was with Puerto Rico which is not exactly long haul DX.  I have worked many long-haul DX stations with the D240 but doing a performance test on them was difficult due to the low S/N ratio.  Perhaps this winter will provide me with more opportunities on performance testing.

Yes I still have the same mounting configuration.  The Skyhawk has insulated elements.  I get a ton of wind static from it.  But that's another topic for another day, hihi.

Since I'll be changing out my mast soon I'm considering of putting the D240 under the Skyhawk.  This doesn't help with wind loading on the tower so I'm hesitant to make the switch.  Many others have it above the tri-bander will no ill effects.  Per the F12 gang (Tom and Mark) the D240 is designed to be mounted close (>4') to a tri-bander.

Copying W2IRT as he also has a D240.

Best Regards,
Jonathan Woo
(970) 646-1711