[TowerTalk] US Tower HDX572

Dino Darling dino at kx6d.com
Thu Sep 20 22:21:57 EDT 2012

I had an electric motor rebuilt for a customer by an authorized Leeson
rebuild shop. The weather got to the starting capacitor and the leads
failed. While they were in there, I had them replace the switching
circuit so it didn't have this whole clunky wire set up. It worked
perfect!

IF you replace the motor, look at "electric gate" duty motors. They are
designed for outdoor use. Just match the HP output. You get what you pay
for. If you get a regular duty motor, spend some money on making a
cover/rain shield for it!

Dino - KX6D