[TowerTalk] Hardline - PL-259

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Tue Sep 25 03:19:22 EDT 2012

The Watts (brand name) A-200 fitting is a 7/16" female to 3/8" tube
compression adapter, and the 7/16" end fits perfectly on an SO-239
barrel.   It literally is an exact match.   Not sure what you mean by a
PL-259 barrel.

If you file the threads down just slightly on the 3/8" end (minus the
compression nut that comes with it) of the A-200 it makes a snug fit
INSIDE 1/2" copper plumbing tube, which in turn makes a nice fit OVER
the copper jacket of LDF-50A 1/2" Heliax ... which was my original
interest although I suspect something similar might be usable for 1/2"
CATV cable.

73,
Dave   AB7E