[TowerTalk] Any Economical Options for a Ring Rotor?

Gene Fuller w2lu at rochester.rr.com
Fri Sep 28 15:35:39 EDT 2012

Hi Rob -
If you can settle for about 270 degrees of rotation, I'm sure that many
would suggest a DIY sidegate. With a 50-60 degree forward  beamwidth you
really wouldn't miss much and  they're fairly easy to build - a few feet of
inch and a half by 1/4" angle stock, a short piece of inch and a half pipe,
a few U-bolts and a small piece of steel or aluminum plate for mounting a
rotator. A local welding shop is helpful, but bolts, a drill and a hack saw
will do it,  and you're in business.
Gene / W2LU