[TowerTalk] Heights pre-1995 Aluminum Tower

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 30 16:49:26 EDT 2012

Amateur Electronic Supply (AES) catalogs in the 1980's and 1990's had a lot
of info on heights towers.  There were a number of hams around Atlanta that
had the 80 to 100 foot towers.  The consensus is that the towers were
somewhat over rated.  But only one tower blew down that I remember. Belonged
to WB4ECE/N4YD (SK).

Great pictures of all the towers, specs, packages, even the screw operated
hinged base.  I personal saw the towers but not the base.

AES has carried extensive information on other aluminum towers and US Towers
over the years, too.

Sorry my copies are in storage.

Dave K4JRB