[TowerTalk] Coax Switch

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Apr 1 17:45:57 EDT 2013

 > Can someone open this thing up?  I'd very much like to have this
 > competently reverse-engineered.

Why?  The RCV-8 manual *with schematics* is already available on
the Ameritron web site (www.ameritron.com).  The RCS8V does, in fact,
use a DP5T switch - one pole switches power to the relays whilst the
other pole switches raw AC (probably 12 or 12.6V AC) through the LEDs
and 470 Ohm resistor to ground.

The controller design (AC on the LEDs) is sloppy but functional.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV