[TowerTalk] Conductivity of a reinforced concrete rooftop

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Thu Apr 4 18:23:52 EDT 2013

Another way to think about this is that  rebar is spaced more closely
than most any HF radial wires.

Which raises questions for my site:  what to do when a buried radial
field encounters a concrete pad short of the desired radial length? In
one situation it is a driveway 15' x 150' and the other case is a 56'
footing of a steel building with a Ufer ground inside.  It is easy to
connect to the steel building sides to extend the radial field.  What
should I do at the edge of the concrete driveway?  (no rebar access
without  concrete sawing).  I was thinking of burying a Cu strip flat
against the concrete for maximum mutual surface area and silver
soldering the radial wires to it.

Grant  KZ1W