[TowerTalk] wireless rotor

Jeff Blaine keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 18:33:40 EDT 2013

The noise I hear from it when sniffing is from the USB cable, not from the
GH unit specifically.  I put ferrites on both ends of the USB just as a
precaution anyway.

The presence of a uP near the antenna does not necessary indicate trouble.
And a lot of those uP units will have a sleep state setting as part of the
hardware which is enabled by the firmware.  So the device wakes up when
tickled by some input (like a RX flag) - or at a periodic time interval.  It
really depends on the implementation for that unit.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie