[TowerTalk] 6 meter antenna comparisons

Larry Banks larryb.w1dyj at verizon.net
Sat Apr 13 19:56:33 EDT 2013

Hi Steve,

I have not used either of these yagis -- mine is a HB 7 el on a 22' boom --
so here is my opinion.  (And remember, my opinion is free -- probably what
it is worth.)

Since forward gain is a strong function of antenna length in wavelengths --
and if I remember, doubling the length adds 3 dB in gain -- the CC
theoretically will have more forward gain.  Perhaps 1 dB?  HOWEVER -- more
elements allows the antenna designer to tailor the pattern better, so 7
elements might allow M2 to improve Front-to-rear and sidelobes, making that
one quieter and giving a better S/N to your wanted signal.

My opinion -- it really will depend on the pattern.  Try to find some
patterns for these two and compare them.  My GUESS is to go with the M2.
And remember, I have no experience with either of these two yagis.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ