[TowerTalk] the future of antenna and tower inspection

David Robbins k1ttt at verizon.net
Mon Apr 15 07:28:56 EDT 2013

the parrot got my attention because of a couple factors...
1. ready to fly out of the box
2. control from ipod/ipad/android with free app
3. comes with hd camera built in
4. streams video from camera to controller screen
5. records video either on controlling device or to usb stick on board
6. cheap... less than half the price of the one linked below and available from amazon
7. easily replaceable hulls, one that is meant for indoors use protects the propellers from hitting stuff
8. one button takeoff and landing

they also have some kind of sdk available, though that might just be for the controller side...  i haven't really looked into that yet.

the obvious down side is the wifi control link is limited in distance, i think mostly by the antenna in the controller.