[TowerTalk] Fwd: the future of antenna and tower inspection

David Robbins k1ttt at verizon.net
Mon Apr 15 07:48:33 EDT 2013

its a Parrot AR-Drone 2.0.  http://ardrone2.parrot.com/usa/
i have flown it around my living/dining room (has about 12' vaulted ceiling) a dozen or so times... but that was only my 3rd or 4th attempt outside as it has been rather windy up here.  it is very easy to fly as it stabilizes itself with internal gyros, uses a downward looking low-def camera (that you can also watch remotely) to sense motion over the ground, and has both ultrasonic and pressure sensors for altitude control... so take your hands off the controls and it stops where it is and hovers.  plus there is one-button takeoff and landing, which are usually the hardest things to master.