[TowerTalk] Fwd: the future of antenna and tower inspection

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 16 01:33:32 EDT 2013

piling on,

the leads/antenna could be small gauge with power sent via high
voltages/low current, since the motors could be PWM driven with the
onboard processor or a simple buck convertor..  Taking out the LiPo
battery saves weight too.  Any Maker's that have hacked one?   btw
having flown a MEMS gyro in a rocket, I don't think the MEMS gyros are
stable enough for long term unattended hover positioning, so periodic
radio position control would probably be needed, or maybe a GPS lock.

Grant KZ1W