[TowerTalk] Please Help Me Decide on a Tribander or Monobanders

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Thu Apr 18 17:33:28 EDT 2013

I'm not sure why you say that.  If the three antennas are fully
independent (i.e., separate elements) and if they were properly designed
to minimize interactions (definitely possible with today's modeling
capability), where is the significant compromise (assuming the same boom
length)?  It is far easier to control interactions between bands if all
elements are fixed on the same boom than if they are mounted some
indeterminate distance from each other on the mast.

I own (and love) my Optibeam OB16-3 tribander, and with the exception of
10m Optibeam doesn't even bother to offer monobanders for that same
frequency range unless they have more elements on a longer boom.

73,
Dave   AB7E