[TowerTalk] Split legs

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sat Apr 20 15:31:35 EDT 2013

We once "repaired" an 80' free standing tower with a bottom section bent
near the concrete during the erection by pouring a concrete collar base
around that section.  The collar was about 4' tall, a little trapezoidal
and about 4' on each of the 4 sides.  You probably need to dowel the
existing base into the new rebar cage for the collar.  A PE can advise
on all of this and that is probably a worthwhile expense considering the
size of the tower.  Some sort of leg drainage at the concrete to
concrete interface will be needed so it doesn't happen again.

Grant KZ1W