[TowerTalk] Gigavac Relays

Howard Hoyt hhoyt at mebtel.net
Fri Apr 26 13:28:50 EDT 2013

Tonno,

I have used the Gigavac G2 series in a remote transmitter transfer
switch and they perform as advertised, never had a failure.  I know that
one passed a lightning hit at least once, because the plate tuning cap
in the transmitter was burned away from massive arcing (arc started by
lightning, sustained by plate supply), and amazingly enough the relay
sustained no damage in the incident.

Well made relays with good support after sale.  The HAM program they
have makes them especially good buys, since they are commercial quality
relays.

Howie - WA4PSC

Howard Hoyt
CE - WXYC-FM 89.3