[TowerTalk] Non resonant guy considerations

Crownhaven crownhaven at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 30 18:30:09 EDT 2013

The only thing I can speak to regarding this issue is.......when I put
up a tower with steel guys vs. no guys (bracketed tower), I found it
virtually impossible to get my 40 and 80 meter inverted vees, hung off
the tower, to play.  I finally got a decent SWR out of them but it was
like tuning a 160 meter sloper.  I nearly had to find an antenna
analyzer.  I replaced the steel guys with Phyillistran and everything
was cool everywhere.  I don't think I would ever use steel guy wires again.

Steve, N4JQQ