[TowerTalk] HFTA Angles Data

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Thu Aug 1 12:33:54 EDT 2013

If I remember correctly, Dean Straw said that the ARRL crunched the
numbers back in the mid-90's using a computer that took a few days, but
I'm not sure it really matters.  We're talking optimum takeoff/arrival
angles here, and I'm not sure that angle is a strong function of F-layer
densities.  It would be pretty easy to check ... just run a few paths in
VOACAP for the same hour of the day using two different SSNs and compare
the TANGLE results for various frequencies.

73,
Dave   AB7E