[TowerTalk] Remote Ham Radio

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Aug 5 16:57:19 EDT 2013

On 8/5/2013 1:40 PM, Kelly Johnson wrote:
> I'm definitely getting pretty tired of restricting myself to old houses built prior to 1970.

I'm not sure why you would say that. If you're willing to go off the
beaten track, and spend a lot of time looking, there are a lot of great
older homes around. I've seen a lot of them as we walk and drive around
on the back roads.

I loved the house we owned in Chicago, a wood frame 2-flat with a nice
yard, built a few years after the Chicago fire (1871). It's construction
is FAR more solid than the "prettier" home we bought here in the Santa
Cruz Mountains, built in 1989. The only downsides of the Chicago house
were that it had noise from neighbors, and a city-sized lot.

73, Jim K9YC