[TowerTalk] Tex Com LMR-600 Connectors

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Thu Aug 8 19:32:39 EDT 2013

On 8/8/2013 7:21 PM, K8RI wrote:

> I'm not concerned with what the connectors look like after the water
> proofing is removed as it is only cosmetic.  As far as the hot melt glue
> from the Heat Shrink, it's just more of what new heat shrink applies.
>
> I've asked why people care, but have never received an answer other than

If you're asking why someone likes to see a shiny connector after
removing years-old weatherproofing, it's proof there's been no moisture
ingress.

To me the *best* weatherproofing is that which is very easy to remove
AND has provided a hermetic seal.

The next best is that which is difficult to remove and has provided a
hermetic deal.

And then there are various methods which don't provide a hermetic seal,
which don't deserve consideration.

-Steve K8LX