[TowerTalk] FIRST TOWER & 2ND FLOOR SHACK --HELP

N3AE n3ae at comcast.net
Fri Aug 9 11:21:58 EDT 2013

I've read several suggestions that the coax shield should be bounded at the top AND at the bottom of the tower. This makes sense to me for all towers except crank-up towers. I would think that for a crank-up, the conductivity between sections is questionable (at least compared to a one piece tower). So by bonding the coax at the top and bottom, might that encourage most of the lightning current to use the coax shield as a path to the tower base? Thoughts?

N3AE