[TowerTalk] Crimp Connector Suggestion

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Aug 9 14:31:46 EDT 2013

On 8/9/2013 2:03 PM, Richard Solomon wrote:
> I use RG-58X for short jumpers. Whose Crimp Connectors
> would you recommend I use ?

58X or 8X?  I've not seen a 58X.

There are a number of good ones for 8X. The UHF are not very expensive.
  Do you want silver with the gold center pin?  I prefer the gold center
pin as it is durable and will withstand many uses that jumpers are
usually subject to.  I use a short piece (bout inch and a half long) of
the small 3M heat shrink over the crimp and onto the coax for reinforcement.

I'd call either Davis Electric,  the RF connection, the Wireman, or
Texas Towers and   tell them what you'd like, or ask them for their
opinion as they have quite a variety. The UHF crimp connectors for 8X
are a breeze to install.

73

Roger (K8RI)