[TowerTalk] cable entry to new shack

Larry Loen lwloen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 18:37:31 EDT 2013

A small thing.

Usually, in arrangements like this, there is a 90 degree angle to be
negotiated.

In my current shack, I actually have two accesses.  I did 4 inch conduit
for both so there is comfortable room for several cables and more than I
have planned.

On one of them, however, I put in a standard 90 degree "angle" pipe between
the "down" pipe and the horizontal one.  The cable had trouble negotiating
that and I'm a little uncomfortable about adding new cable there.  I could
do it, but I won't like it.

The second one I got smarter and put in two 135 degree pipes (usually
called "45 degrees" for some reason) and a short length of pipe
in-between.  So, you have a "graceful" 90 degree bend.

It is downright trivial and easy to pass cables over that stretch and I
recommend it if you have the space (you probably do).

Larry WO7R