[TowerTalk] Digging a 5'x5'x7' hole in sandy soil

Brian Alsop alsopb at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 13 22:28:30 EDT 2013

On Long Island, we had sandy soil.  The 40'tower EZway wonder post was
installed.  It was an unsatisfactory installation.  The wonder post had
to be braced when cranking tilting the tower up or down.  Not doing so
caused it to end up 30 degrees out of plumb.

Sandy soil requires the assessment and recommendation from a local
professional engineer who knows the local soil conditions.

73 de Brian/K3KO

On 8/14/2013 02:20, Wes Attaway (N5WA) wrote:
> I had an ES-Way tower about 50-years ago and I remember (barely) the "pack
> in sand" option.  I think the "bury in sand" concept would work if you could
> dig the appropriate sized hole in real soil and then fill the hole with sand
> packed around the pole.  Otherwise, you need to forget the sand idea.

> 1138 Waters Edge Circle, Shreveport, LA 71106
>      318-797-4972 (Office) - 318-393-3289 (Cell)
>          Computer Consulting and Forensics

-----
No virus found in this message.