[TowerTalk] Digging a 5'x5'x7' hole in sandy soil

ve4xt at mymts.net ve4xt at mymts.net
Tue Aug 13 19:18:29 EDT 2013

Seems to me the more important consideration is whether 5x5x7 is enough for your specific situation.

Most such plans are counting on a certain firmness to the soil, rather than relying solely upon the size and weight of the base.

So even if you could get the hole dug, the rebar installed and the concrete poured without a cave in, it might not be enough.

Depending on the risk factors (if it will only damage itself, the risk is smaller, but if it could damage your home or a neighbour's home, your risk factor multiplies) you may need to have a PE design you a base appropriate for your sand.

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone